The primary purpose of the Kerrville Genealogical Society is to encourage interest in historical and genealogical research and to preserve historical records pertaining to Kerr County and the surrounding region.
Kerrville Genealogical Society…
- holds eight meetings a year featuring genealogical and local history topics. Meetings are free and open to the public. Refreshments are served following the meetings for the opportunity to visit and share our genealogical research with one another.
- publishes a quarterly newsletter containing original articles of historical and genealogical interest
- is administered by an elected board and certain appointed positions
- includes more than 100 members
- is a member of the Federation of Genealogical Societies
- is a Partner Society in the Texas State Genealogical Society
- is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization founded in 1970